An early end to the working day made time for a Light Rail trip to Hunt Valley. The main aim was to add to my woeful numbers of shorebirds/waders which seem to be making their way back south by now. I saw two small peeps, Least Sandpiper (below right) and Semipalmated Sandpiper (above right) and also saw a juvenile Mourning Warbler (above centre; unless I get told it's something else!). Other highlights include killdeers (above left), my first Belted Kingfisher for months, and a possible Lesser Yellowlegs.
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Papermill Flats (+96)
An early end to the working day made time for a Light Rail trip to Hunt Valley. The main aim was to add to my woeful numbers of shorebirds/waders which seem to be making their way back south by now. I saw two small peeps, Least Sandpiper (below right) and Semipalmated Sandpiper (above right) and also saw a juvenile Mourning Warbler (above centre; unless I get told it's something else!). Other highlights include killdeers (above left), my first Belted Kingfisher for months, and a possible Lesser Yellowlegs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment