Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Sixes Bridge Road

I met up with someone to look for Cerulean and Kentucky Warblers in Granite and around Liberty reservoir, but struck out on both. Along the way, we did see a very curious Northern Parula.
Next stop was another stretch of the reservoir to look for Summer Tanager (no) and Yellow-throated Vireo, which put on a good show singing in plain sight high up.
With my eye on 400 before travelling to England, I was persuaded to head out west to look for field birds, where we heard a lot of Dickcissels, and saw a couple of Vesper Sparrows too.
Only two more birds for 400, but it won't be straightforward. I hope I can go to Paper Mill Flats and see some Cliff Swallows, which nest on the bridge, but I am not sure where to get the other one. I might go bakc to Liberty to look for Kentucky Warbler again, or Swan Creek to hope for a Cattle Egret or an early shorebird. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment