I cycled over to Llanishen REservoir to try to find the Greenshank that has been reported recently, and after I'd made a full lap of Lisvane Reservoir, it appeared. Other birds on the lake included at least three Little Grebes as well as several Great Crested Grebe. I also saw a small hawk bothering a crow, and while I'd like to call it a sparrowhawk, I think that'd be pushing things. On the way back into town I dropped through Roath Park and saw a Barnacle Goose with a large number of Greylags and Swans.
Thursday, 1 September 2011
Llanishen and Lisvane Reservoirs, and Roath Park
I cycled over to Llanishen REservoir to try to find the Greenshank that has been reported recently, and after I'd made a full lap of Lisvane Reservoir, it appeared. Other birds on the lake included at least three Little Grebes as well as several Great Crested Grebe. I also saw a small hawk bothering a crow, and while I'd like to call it a sparrowhawk, I think that'd be pushing things. On the way back into town I dropped through Roath Park and saw a Barnacle Goose with a large number of Greylags and Swans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment