Wednesday, 5 October 2011

A review...

No I am almost at the end, I suppose it is worth going back and working out how many iffy birds there are in the list. The ones that I remember some dissatisfaction over are:
354 Little Tern
296. Mourning Warbler
169. Broad-winged Hawk (GA)
100. Winter Wren
96. Red-breasted Merganser
49. Whistling (Tundra) Swan

The Little Tern, I didn't check bill colour and could have been Common. The Mourning Warbler was so far out of season as to be highly unlikely, although it was a much better match for MoWa than Common Yellowthroat. The Broad-winged Hawk was without a book, so shaky. The Winter Wren, I can't remember, but I remember a hopeful wren. The Red-breasted Merg was based on head shape and could well have been Common or Hooded. And the Swan was right at the start and I an't swear it wasn't a Mute.

So I suppose I will have to overshoot by six to make sure.

Also, I have seen that No. 325 Stonechat is duplicated, so I get to see two penultimate birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment