I haven't been out much recently or strayed far, but have picked up a few more birds. I started my planned Friday lunchtime spring watch at Patterson Park and was lucky to pick up year American Wigeon along with slightly commoner (there) American Coot. Tomorrow is the second Friday, but I will not be likely to pick up another year bird there (although I hope I might see the REd-breasted Merganser that was there earlier in the week - amazing PP bird).
Elsewhere, I nipped out at dusk to hear the American Woodcocks peenting at Irvine. I was a little late and only saw one receding shadow, but since I am counting heard birds this year, I didn't agonise too much about whether I have truly 'seen' one. So, three American birds in a row. Most exciting was the loud chorus of Spring Peepers, which signal the changing season.
Then, walking back from the metro one night, I scared up four Wood Ducks at the pond there. I haven't ssen them there before, so a good OM find.
No comments:
Post a Comment