With ebird as an increasingly global source of bird info ahead of any trip, it is unusual to look forward to a visit with so little information. I suspect I could get hold of more if I could read Chinese.
It will be a very short visit to Jinan, and I won't get a chance to leave the city, but I still hope to get a life bird or two. From range maps and what little ebird info there is, it looks like these ten are possible:
It will be a very short visit to Jinan, and I won't get a chance to leave the city, but I still hope to get a life bird or two. From range maps and what little ebird info there is, it looks like these ten are possible:
- Pacific Swift
- Black-capped Kingfisher
- Chinese/Yellow-billed Grosbeak
- Silver-throated Tit (a local Long-tailed Tit)
- Oriental Reed Warbler
- Black-browed Reed Warbler
- Yellow Bittern
- Black-naped Oriole
- Dollarbird
- Asian Short-toed Lark
I think I might get to the Yellow River Forest Park and Queshan Mountain, both within the city limits. Who knows what Yellow River Forest Park is like - Google map doesn't even line up with the satellite.
Who knows what I'll turn up...
No comments:
Post a Comment