After a long lie-in and leisurely breakfast, I felt recharged and ready to venture out. I decided to get a bus to the Botanical Gardens and Hong Kong Park downtown. Both were too busy and well-groomed to have many birdy corners, so I gave up quickly and took the Tram up to the Peak. I then spent the rest of the day exploring the top and working my way back down from the top to the university.
This Yellow-crested Cockatoo was being nosy as I left campus.

Red-whiskered Bulbul is probably the most abundant bird of the trip, and one of the most striking.

On top, I found an Asian Stubtail. This Long-tailed Shrike was hunting on the Governor's Walk.

On the way down, I came across this male Scarlet-backed Flowerpecker.
Almost all the way back down, I hit on a huge bulbul flock and a great spot to sit and observe. In with them, I found three Black Bulbuls, a scarce winter visitor, a Grey-backed Thrush, a Hainan Blue Flycatcher,

a Yellow-browed and a Chestnut Bunting.

Six extra lifers for the day was a great yield for a lazy local day!
This Yellow-crested Cockatoo was being nosy as I left campus.

Red-whiskered Bulbul is probably the most abundant bird of the trip, and one of the most striking.

On top, I found an Asian Stubtail. This Long-tailed Shrike was hunting on the Governor's Walk.

On the way down, I came across this male Scarlet-backed Flowerpecker.
Almost all the way back down, I hit on a huge bulbul flock and a great spot to sit and observe. In with them, I found three Black Bulbuls, a scarce winter visitor, a Grey-backed Thrush, a Hainan Blue Flycatcher,
a Yellow-browed and a Chestnut Bunting.

Six extra lifers for the day was a great yield for a lazy local day!
No comments:
Post a Comment