Thursday, 11 December 2014

Progress!

Giving up on sleeping around 5, I set out up the hill behind halls.  Sunrise was supposed to be at about 7, so I thought I'd get up there, and look for birds on the way down before work.  As it turned out, I realised at about 6 that I had left the field guide in my room, so I turned back.  On the way down I met two porcupines - eek!, and still made it down before the birds woke up.
Needing to be bck for breakfast by 8, I had about 40 minutes of useful birding and managed to turn up Chinese Bulbul,

Black-throated Laughingthrush, White-rumped Munia, Rufous-capped Babbler, and Black-naped Monarch (maybe a late migrant) for five more lifers.
Then mid afternoon, I took a 15 minute break and found a Yellow-browed Warbler

and a Fork-tailed Sunbird.

Up to 9 lifers for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment