Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Ace in the hole

So in my previous post, I said that in getting to 365 I could probably count on about 150 birds from Baltimore and 100 from the UK. The latter is pushing it probably, but won't be more than 20 out I expect. This leaves a shortfall of about 100 birds that will have to come from other places.

Which leads me onto the ace - travel. I am hoping to travel to a few places this year for work, and the definites so far (Massachusetts, Canada and Portugal) should be worth a few extra birds (30?). If a couple of maybe trips (Brazil, Japan) they would certainly be worth a lot more (50 each?). Plus I hope we'll get down to Georgia to see Jill and Hamp. I have no idea if that is south enough to have different birds. Certainly it's south enough to have different people ;-) So the numbers seem to add up. So it boils down to where I go... but for now I am enjoying discovering Baltimore's birds and am smugly a month ahead of schedule.

The map above is a geographic log of the birds thus far, the trips to come (red, numberless) and the maybe trips (orange).

No comments:

Post a Comment